Partnering with families, we help children foster a relationship with Jesus as we promote their physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health.
We are doing everything we can to stay open during the COVID-19 pandemic to serve our community’s essential workers. If you are in need of childcare, especially if you are part of our city’s healthcare network, we are here for you.
- We are a Paths to Quality Level 3, and hold Accreditation by the National Lutheran School Accreditation for Early Childhood
- Child Care for Infants through 12 year-olds
- Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten Classes for 3-5 year-olds
- CACFP Civil Rights: https://www.doe.in.gov/nutrition/cacfp-policy-and-memorandum
- Brightpoint link if you would like to sign up! https://mybrightwheel.com/
|QUALITY CARE AND EDUCATION
• Safe, healthy environment for infants (six weeks) through elementary school age (before/after school and break camp: transportation provided to/from Maplewood and Waynedale Elementary School)
• Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten classes for 3-5 year old
• Faith Based Curriculum- Orange First Look (thinkorange.com)
• Orange Curriculum believes… “Two combined influences make a greater impact than just two individual influences.” The LIGHT of the church (yellow) + the HEART of the HOME (red) = greater impact (orange)
• Academic Curriculum- Creative Curriculum (teachingstrategies.com)
Creative Curriculum incorporates a “whole-child approach” to learning which fosters:
• Sense of Self
• Responsibility of self and others
• Prosocial behavior
• Gross motor
• Fine motor
• Learning and problem solving
• Logical thinking
• Representation and symbolic thinking
• Listening and speaking
• Reading and writing
Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Cash,Check,Credit Card online (additional 2.9% convenience fee added), and CCDF Vouchers accepted
|AGE APPROPRIATE LEARNING ACTIVITIES
• Orange-faith-based curriculum with weekly Chapel
• Creative Curriculum
|TEACHER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Teacher's receive training in:
• 1st Aid/CPR
• Child Abuse and Neglect Detection and Prevention
• Universal Precautions/Bloodbourne Pathogens
• Indiana's Introduction to the Early Childhood and Out of School Learning Profession Modules
• Child Development
• School Age Development
• Introduction to the New Indiana Learning FOUNDATIONS
• Safe Sleep(Infant Sleep)
• Medication Administration(as appropriate)
2020-2021 PRESCHOOL CALENDAR
No Current Job Openings
Preschool & Child Care Director
Preschool & Child Care Office Manager
Daniela Boots is a member of Mount Calvary Lutheran Church and has worked with the infants for six years. She loves being creative and enjoys interior design, quilt making, art, and writing. It’s both a privilege and a blessing to care for and teach these little ones. She also enjoys getting to know the families! It’s wonderful to see how much the infants progress in the time they spend in our room!
Caprice Capers is the assistant teacher in our room and the infants' love, love, love her expressive storytelling! We use the Creative Curriculum to teach and guide in a meaningful way. Caprice and Daniela are always happy to answer questions and are available at any time. You can contact us at email@example.com or call/text us directly.
Brittany Kyler is a member of St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church in Columbia City. She has my bachelor’s in educational ministries, with a Minor in Missions at Huntington University. Brittney was a Registered Behavioral Technician at Children’s Autism Center. Some activities that she enjoys are camping, watching Notre Dame football, watching Cubs baseball, spending time with my family and friends and writing/reading. She recently was married May 4th, 2019 to her husband Joe. She loves being around kids, watching them learn and play and grow. She loves that they have a child-like wonder on everything and it is fun to watch them experience that wonder.
Dawn Foust attends First Missionary Church in Berne. She has my Bachelor’s degree from Rochester University in Rochester Hills, MI. She then got my infant/Toddler specialist certification from Ball State. Dane worked as a head start teacher, infant teacher, preschool teacher, and childcare provider. She enjoys reading, crafting, being with my family and traveling. She is married to my husband Dathen and has two boys: Luke age 12 and William age 8. She enjoys watching children learn and feel God has blessed her with the ability to teach children.
Naomi Steed was born and raised in Fort Wayne IN. She graduated from Wayne High School with honors and attended Ivy Tech for liberal arts. She recently went back last year (2018) to work towards my CDA at Ivy Tech. She hopes to help each child grow and progress in their learning. Her hobbies include singing and playing the piano.
Brittany Disheaux attends St. Peter’s Lutheran Church. She graduated from Concordia Lutheran High School in 2016 and she went to Ivy Tech for my degree in Elementary Education. Her first job was at the Parkview YMCA Childwatch. She then worked as a Lead Toddler teacher at Little Praiser’s Preschool and childcare. She worked there for over a year and then was offered a job here as the Assistant Teacher in the toddler room. Then in May, she became the Co-Lead teacher.
She is married and had her first child in January. She and her husband are so excited and blessed. She has always had a passion for being around and working with children. She loves watching a child grow in knowledge and in faith. Brittany also is a colorguard instructor at Concordia Lutheran High and has been teaching since she graduated in 2016.
School Age Teacher
School Age Teacher